Whew, guys! I don't know about you, but this week has felt a little crazy for us! We're working through the details of purchasing a house and starting a business and just keeping up with life in general.
I realized I haven't shared an entryway for our "Why this Room Works' series and thought Katie's entryway from Little House of Four was the perfect one to share since it is both pretty and practical. Let's get started!
Katie kept her color scheme tight and simple here. You've got the rustic and warm wood and brown tones of the wood and baskets paired with black and some white, blue, and green accents. Focusing your color scheme even in a little space or vignette like this makes it all feel cohesive. We've talked about painting the exterior door of your home before (you can read that post here), but I love how Katie painted the interior side of her door.
In addition to the tight color scheme, the styling is what makes this entry way feel pulled together and stand out. Here's a few things I love about it.
- It's practical. The baskets and drawers provide a place for keys and change and shoes and other stuff to be thrown instead of being left out.
- Because there's a place for things to be put away, it looks uncluttered and fresh.
- The mirror is hung at a great height for checking yourself before you head out the door.
- The vase and cotton branches add visual height and interest.
- A family photo adds a personal touch.
- The lantern, books, and owl are styled according to height and lead your eye across the console towards the vase
- And again, the color scheme of all the decor pieces is kept tight.
- I also like how the blanket is draped in the wire basket giving this little vignette a casual, lived in air.
What about you? What do you like about this space? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!