This month’s mood boards are inspired by good friends of ours who just had their first baby, a little girl named Finley! All products are linked at the end of the post, but don’t feel confined to them. One of my reasons for doing these posts is to help give you a starting point for your own spaces and inspire you with color and pattern combinations and inspirations. Let’s break down this month’s design!
- When designing a room, it’s helpful to have a starting point to build the room around such as a rug or piece of art. I recently came across Jennifer Collander’s art on Instagram and wanted to design a nursery around one of her pieces. I love this piece of the little girl on her bike and the energy she seems to have racing through the petals. This painting to me captures the spirit I’d want my daughter to have. It’s sweet but lively and spunky. I also loved that the color palette uses bolder, richer hues rather than the soft colors you usually see in a nursery.
- After I had chosen my painting, I chose the crib. I was going for a boho, vintage vibe with some traditional elements for this room, I liked the natural tone of this wood as it keeps the room from feeling to heavy or traditional with the other heavier and more colorful elements I chose. I used the crib as a way to lighten up the space and add a casual element to the room.
- I wanted this room to be colorful but not all pink, so I chose to bring out the blues and greens in the painting and add touches of pink and a pop of mustard yellow which is also found in the painting.
- I loved the pattern of this rug and how it added great texture to the space.
- The blue campaign dresser was one of my more traditional elements and is a classic piece that won’t have to be changed out as your little one gets older.
- I felt the quote above the dresser captured the spirit of the painting and was a nice complement to it.
- The ombre curtains add a touch of whimsy and more color.
- I love the touch of glamour the flush mount light adds. I like to add a touch of bling to every space to give it just a little sparkle.
- I chose to go neutral and comfortable with the glider to have a grounding element to the space. I love the clean straight lines of it and how it adds a modern touch.
- The yellow pouf is for a pop of color and so mama can put her feet up on during those late nights and feedings.
- The little pillow in the chair adds another boho touch as well as texture.
- I loved the geometric patterns on these hampers and how they complement the rug. They add texture and patter to the space and turn a necessity into something pretty.
(affiliate links included)
- Aqua Geo Laundry Hamper
- Ombre Pinch Pleat Curtains
- Graham Glider
- Diamond Petal Pillow
- Sugarboo Beautiful Imagination Print
- Cargo Changing Table Topper
- Campaign Midnight Blue Dresser
- Blue-Green Natural Wool Rug
- Natural 5 in 1 Crib
- Crystal Flushmount Chandelier
- “Pedals Through Petal” Art Print
- Heather Grey Knit Sheets
- Yellow Knitted Pouf
What do you guys think? If you have any questions or suggestions for mood boards you’d like to see, be sure to leave me a comment or shoot me an email!
Also be sure to sign up for the email list to get the alternate version of this mood board as well as pdf’s that contain the mood board, break down, and sources so you can take them shopping with you or save them to your phone!