Have you seen this black and white bathroom by Katie Martinez Design that seems to be trending in the Pinterest world? It's pretty fabulous. I like looking at rooms that keep showing up in my Pinterest feed and studying them to see what draws people to them. So, let's see if we can break down this one.
- The color scheme here is classic and timeless black and white. This color scheme will never go out of style and I love how crisp and clean it makes a bathroom feel. The gold accents are also classic and give this little room a touch of elegance.
- Hardware: Although, I don't think that all your hardware has to necessarily match all the time, it does give the space a unifying and cohesive feel. Even the light switch plates and electrical outlets got the gold treatment here.
- Subway tiles: These are another classic that will never go out of style. I like how they chose the darker grout color here to complement the floor, doors, and trim.
- Cement Floor Tiles: Cement tiles have been really trending lately, but these still have the timeless look while also offering interest through the unexpected in this bathroom.
- Trim and door colors: I shared this image on Instagram the other day and shared how I've been loving the look of colored trim and doors against white walls. The black trim and doors in this bathroom add great contrast and gives this room a well polished look. Kind of like a guy in a tuxedo. ;)
- Little red bottle: Though it's the smallest of details in this room, it's that little something special that makes this room sing a little prettier than it already does.
- This bathroom is elegant with it's black and white color scheme and gold touches, but it also has an industrial air to it as well due to the selection of hardware used on the sink and shower mixed with subway tile and the unique light fixture above the sink.
What about you? What do you love about this bathroom? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!