First things first, I'm sorry I've been absent on here the past week. Life has been a little busy finishing up some photo sessions that I had the privilege of shooting recently. There's some happenings going on with the blog that I hope to share with you soon! I really missed being on here and sharing with you last week.
Secondly, I'm excited to share that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Moose Studio! Please go check them out! They are wedding photographers in California who also share a lot of their travels and fashion through their blog, and their photography is really beautiful!
The Liebster award is a nomination given to up and coming bloggers by other bloggers. I hadn't heard of Moose Studio until they nominated me, but have loved discovering their blog and look forward to passing the nomination on to other bloggers.
As part of the nomination, I get to answer 10 questions chosen by Moose Studio about myself and than get to nominate other blogs and ask them questions as well. So, here goes!
1. Why did you start blogging? I've blogged on and off since high school, I think, but never stuck with it. I love the art of writing, so blogging was an outlet for that. Later it was a way to share my photography and bits of my life with others. It's kind of a creative outlet for me. Some things are changing around here as far as the blog goes, and I'm looking forward to sharing those changes with you soon!
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why? This is a tough question. I'm not a hundred percent sure where it would be, but I know it would be on a lake somewhere. I love being close to the water, and having a place to live, work, and relax with my family and enjoy God's awesome creation by a lake would be a dream come true.
3.What is one of the best travel lessons you have learned so far? Pack light. Running from one end of an airport to another with a heavy duffle bag and your "purse," which is really just another bag and almost missing your flight is no way to live. Who needs that kind of stress their life, am I right?
4. What does a typical day look like for you? It varies from day to day, but I usually get up and fix my sweet husband breakfast and lunch before he leaves for work. Then, I read my devos, check social, pick up and shower, and start my work day, which usually consists of photo editing, writing for the blog, and working on projects for the blog, and learning how to turn this passion into a business.
5. What is your number one travel item? (excluding your passport/ID) My camera. Who needs clean underwear? Overrated.
6. What’s your preferred mode of transportation? Whatever gets me to my destination the fastest. I know it's all about the journey, but 13 hours on I-20 to go visit family ain't no journey, folks. And have you driven through Texas? It's flat.
7. Give us your best packing tip? Don't forget your pj's. I don't know why, but I always do, and sleeping in jeans ain't fun, and there are times where it's just not appropriate to where anything less.
8. What’s your favorite fashion find of all time? A pair of pink knit shorts from Old Navy. They are the most comfortable thing I own. They got lost for a couple of weeks one time and I was seriously sad until I found them in the dryer. I need help.
9.Which brands do you shop from most? For clothes, I love LOFT. Their clothes just fit me well, and they're just my style. But truth be told, I'd rather shop for home goods than clothes, and I love IKEA, West Elm, and of course, TJ Maxx and scouring thrift stores for fun finds!
10. Where do you see your blog being in a year from now? Imma have to save this one for later because it's part of an up and coming post ;)
If you've stuck with me through this really long post that was all about me, thank you! You're the real MVP. I am nominating three blogs that I recently discovered and asking them the following questions! Be sure to go check them out!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. How would you describe your style?
3. What is one piece of decorating advice you would give someone who is decorating their home?
4 What has been your favorite diy project so far?
5 What is a favorite tradition that your family has for Christmas or Thanksgiving or both?1
6. Where do you get your inspiration from?
7. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
8. Coffee or tea?
9. Who are some bloggers that you enjoy following?
10. What are your dreams for your blog?