The warmer weather we’ve been having lately has had me dreaming about evenings spent outside with friends and family and grilling all the things. The new house has a deck built onto the back of it, and I’m super excited to start spending some time and hosting out there! Although, we’ll more than likely be scouring Craigslist and yard sales for patio furniture, I thought it’d be fun to create a couple of mood boards for inspiration as we look around. Hope they help you guys out and inspire you as well!
So let’s break it down!
- I went with classic, yet modern looking patio furniture from World Market and built both boards around what you see here. (Be sure to sign up for the email list to receive the alternate version!)
- For this board, I wanted there to be a lot of color and pattern to make it summery and fun. When I saw this yellow rung, I knew I had to use it. Mustard yellow is one of my “go to’s” and I loved the pattern.
- When it came to the pillows, I knew I wanted more patterns and colors. To keep the look varied, but cohesive, I used patterns with similar color tones and similar sized patterns with the exception of the floral pillow.
- The floral pillow was my pop of fun, but it has some yellow in it to tie it in with the rug. I really like how it pops against the smaller patterns and more muted tones of the other pillows.
- I loved the peacock planter from Target and how it gives a touch of the unexpected and also adds more color. I chose the smaller, multi colored planter because of how it ties in the peacock planter and indigo pillows together, and again, adds more color.
- And you can’t have a patio without string lights! I mean, you can, but it’s just not as fun. I love these classic café lights from Amazon, but you can find them pretty much anywhere.
- And finally, I went with the concrete side table because I love the texture and shape it added to the space.
The other board is more traditional and classic and sticks to a tight color scheme of black and white. Be sure to sign up to receive both boards and their accompanying PDF’s!
Hope you guys found these boards helpful and fun! If you create or freshen up your own patio space, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@whitneydonae) I’d love to see it!