I love this bathroom that was featured on One King's Lane. It is so calm and serene, and although most of us don't have a bathroom that looks like this and there are some elements that I wouldn't consider practical for a family bath, there is still some amazing inspiration that we can draw from it to create a calming bath of our own.
1. First of all is the choice of colors.
There are only two, white and this beautiful, soft green. Both of these colors make the space feel crisp, clean and calm.
2. And let's talk about those floors!
Gimme all the hearty eyes here. Although, I probably wouldn't personally lay wood floors in a bathroom, these herringbone wood floors are gorgeous. There are a lot of tile options available these days that look like wood if you really want this look in your bathroom. Lindsay from the White Buffalo Styling Co. is using wood looking tiles in her master bath renovation and it is looking very pretty. You can check it out here.
There are two sources of light in this bathroom, the one above the sink and the beautiful chandelier. I do have a hard time imagining that the lighting in this bathroom would be great for makeup application, but it sure does look pretty. I would probably go with lights on either side of the mirror for that reason. I do love a beautiful chandy in a bathroom though, all practicality aside. They just look so pretty and add that touch of elegance.
4. That tub tho'!
I love how the clawfoot tub is the same color as the wall and stands out against the white subway tile.
The key to this space is it's simplicity and minimalism. It's so simple, yet striking, and it's simplicity kind of made it hard to break down! If you want to create some of this same look or feeling in your own bathroom consider some of these suggestions.
1. Go with a simple and soft color scheme. Picture how you want the room to feel and imagine what color makes you feel that way.
2. Accessorize minimally. There is no clutter in this space whatsoever, which can be hard to keep at bay in the bathroom. The shelf above the tub helps some and I'm guessing all the other daily necessities are tucked away in a cabinet that we can't see.
3. Hang a pretty light fixture. Light fixtures are like jewelry to a room. Don't be afraid to swap yours out for something pretty that you love.
What do you think about this space? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!